Student programmers wanted; open thesis topics available. Contact me.
- Sep 2016: Coordinator of the Software Technology Track of the master program at TU Delft.
- Aug 2016: 3 papers accepted at SLE 2016.
- Aug 2016: I will chair the PC of GPCE 2017.
- July 2016: 2 papers about program analysis accepted at ASE 2016.
- Jun 2016: Paper about using first-order logic for language exploration accepted at PPDP.
- Mar 2016: I will join TU Delft in the Netherlands as an assistant professor on April 1.
- Mar 2016: Dagstuhl will host our seminar on Programming Language Techniques for Incremental and Reactive Computing in October.
- Jan 2016: Invited talk at PEPM Automated Reasoning about Type Systems by Compilation to First-Order Logic.
- Oct 2015: Paper accepted at POPL 2016.
- Aug 2015: Papers accepted at OOPSLA (x2), Onward (x2), and SLE.
- June 2015: Oracle Labs funds External Research Office Incremental compilation and build systems for DSLs for 12 months.
- 2016–now TU Delft, assistant professor
- 2012–2016 TU Darmstadt, post-doctoral researcher, working with Mira Mezini
- 2009–2012 University of Marburg, Doctoral degree, advised by Klaus Ostermann
- 2008–2009 BRICS, Aarhus University, PhD student, master's degree
- 2004–2008 TU Darmstadt, bachelor's degree
I am the lead developer of the extensible programming language SugarJ, which allows programmers to flexibly integrate new syntax, static analyses, and editor support by library import. SugarJ extensions are scoped via the module system and multiple extensions compose if activated in the same scope. Since SugarJ allows flexible and principled domain abstraction, it is particularly well-suited for the embedding of domain-specific languages.
My general research interests include: extensible programming languages, domain-specific languages, language design, language tooling, declarative parsing methodologies, module systems, type systems, and static analysis.
I serve on the following committees:
2017 GPCE (Chair), PEPM (PC)
2016 ASE (ERP), ECOOP (PC), Scala (PC), LWC (PC), SPLASH Posters (Chair), GPCE (PC), LaMOD (PC)
2015 SLE (PC), DSLDI (Chair), WGP (Chair), Dagstuhl Seminar on DSLs (Chair)
2014 DSLDI (Chair), PLATEAU (PC), Parsing@SLE (Chair), DADA (PC), Onward (PC), GPCE (PC, PUB), LWC (PC)
2013 GPCE (PC), WCRE (tool demos), HessPL (Chair).